The things we forget!

I just need to ask? How does one forget their own wedding anniversary?

Well we did. 5 years too.  A whole 2 days went by, before we even realized it.

My husband was downstairs in the playroom pushing the kids around in their little car that all three had either piled into or on top of. I was upstairs washing dishes with music playing in the background when a lovely tender song came on.

I yelled down the stairs, "Honey, do you know the name of what is playing? Isn't it beautiful?"

"I' don't know, but you can look at the name on pandora, it will tell you."

It was wedding day.

I went back to washing the dishes and my brain began to feel a bit funny. Something was brewing.  I stopped and stared at the cupboard in front of me. Wait a second, I thought. When did we get married? OMG.. Christmas.. Christmas Eve....That was 2 days ago!!!

I bolted to the top of the stairs and yelled down.. OMG... we missed our Anniversary!!!  I didn't even wait for his reply... I just went back to the sink and stood there feeling stunned and then I began to feel a bit strange - again-  as I was trying to recall the year and do the math....

OMG... 2009.. it's 2014... 5 years...

Another bolt to the top of the stairs, this time choking back a tear - yelling down - we missed our 5th year Anniversary!!!

This time, my husband came up and put his arm around me.

Honey, we have just been so busy.

I guess we have.


Better late than never

5 Years. So much has happened!

Who got what?

The meal - The wine - The quietness-  with a little tender background music was wonderful!
But, I can assure you. I have marked my calendar and turned on the reminder!
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0

Comments