Maternity Leave with a few bumps to start!

It's been a little more than a week since my maternity leave began. I thought I was going to take off running with getting organized. Updating the triplets blog and sharing our triplets story with my family and friends was high on the priority list. This has proven to a bit of a challenge and  maternity leave has started off with a few bumps; but we are taking this in stride (yea right). Let me assure you, the belly bump is exceptionally well, so that's not the problem, its the new home that we closed on in October,and should have already been moved into.

So here's the story. We hired contractors (okay a handy man)  in the beginning of November that gave me the most beautiful dream bid  to make our new home beautiful and guess what? I got what I paid for... that is...paying AGAIN, this time for a professional floor company to come in and redo all the hardwoods that my 1st contractor botched up. My Chester and Tim team were always disappearing from the site and a job that should have taken no more than a week, dragged on for weeks!  Unfortunately last week, I had to end our relationship and was  back to the drawing board of obtaining another bid to get this right! This time I set out on something I already knew (but had not done in the first place) which was to hire a proven professional company, with oodles of 5 star reviews! And that is exactly what I did.  I accepted their bid, biting my tongue (ouch) and told myself that it just had to be done right! So this morning, I met my professionals (the whole crew of them) to get them started and thus far we are off to a good start! They showed up on time (with their state of the art equipment and professional vans) who will work from  8am to 5pm and will refinish all the hardwood  floors in the next 3-4 days!  Perfect! Just in time to get moved in and get the Christmas Tree up and start nesting. I told that to my husband over the phone last night and he seemed all confused, asking, "What does nesting exactly mean? Oh well, it's okay, there are a lot of new words and way of life that we are getting ready to take on. Like the word  "Sponge ball". I made the mistake of telling a little girl yesterday that I liked her little beaver on the front of her hat, her mother replied, "That's not a  beaver, its "Sponge Ball." Little did I know, that this is a cartoon character that all mothers know!

Until next time, Running with Triplets is off to get organized and start this nesting...

Comments