Saturday, September 24, 2011. 16 weeks today and feeling Radiant and Blessed

16 weeks today!!!

The babies are in full bloom and my belly is now showing! I had been noticing peoples looks recently towards my growing belly area, so I decided today I was  going to spare people their curiosity. So when I got my first glance while standing in line at the register at my local Starbucks, I stated matter of factly; slapping the sides of my belly (okay tapping) "Yes, I'm pregnant and not fat!" I was now officially on a roll and excited about making this announcements to any familiar face that made a glance my way! Telling the world now, I wanted to do even more to celebrate at being pregnanct at 16 weeks, and knew I wanted to include pampering myself and Jordan in some way!  I also wanted to focus on writing and relaxing, which had not been much since becoming pregnant, but where was I going to get away to do this?  I kept debating on whether I would go home or spoil myself and go all out and check into the 1920's hotel right next door. How romantic and special that thought was and the more I thought about it, I couldn't resist the idea.  I know, sounds like a bit much; but being pregnant with triplets is a bit much and I wanted to celebrate with my triplets, so that is exactly what I set out to do!

Entering the hotel with an overnight bag, I proudly stated to the lady sitting behind the desk (and of course with a sideways tada stance with hands placed on my hips) "So what do you think?" The attendant (who I have gotten to know over the years) dropped her jaw, got up, and ran around the desk hugging me and with astonishment exclaimed "How is that possible, I just saw you and now you are pregnant, going on to tell me how absolutely beautiful and radiant I looked. Little did she know that there was a bit more to the news that I was getting ready to tell her. So while still holding her hands, I hesitated and said "Well, there is a little bit more to this pregnancy, there's not one, there are Three"  While still holding  hands with a few steps back, she turned to Jordan who had been standing there all along, telling him "Oh my you are going to have to pamper your mom, and massage her feet, and get her tea!!!"  I didn't  get the foot massage, but I sure did get the tea!


Becoming pregnant with triplets, I had not prepared myself or even considered the impact of peoples reactions. I have to say that reaching 16 weeks has been the best 16 weeks of my life and in more than one way. I love that my husband and I have been blessed with a second chance at parenthood and blessed all at once with triplets. I love seeing the joy on peoples faces, when they hear the news of our little ones. I feel blessed that I am healthy and that I have yet to feel tired or nauseous. AND, I feel blessed that we will have the family that we always dreamed and longed for. I also know that my Richard and Jordan and daughter-in-law will too be blessed.

I will now rest and rise to the challenge of running my last race in the morning (yes race). My husband and I will run the 8K Paw Paw race for the homeless pets, just as we did last year.  He sure is gloating and looking forward to his first victory of out running his 16 week pregnant wife with triplets....WOW! So he thinks, but I am more inclined to feel, heck...why not... let him!!!

So, until next time, Running with Triplets, is turning the lights out!

Comments