Thursday, August 11, 2011 Hearing the word Triplets.

Hearing the word Triplets.
Learning that I am pregnant with "Triplets" has not only given me joy, but has added a little bit of joy to the one hearing the news. Thus far the only family members that know of my pregnancy are my sisters, my mother, my cousin Sonia and my husbands brothers and their family. Their reaction has been shock but thrilled at the same time. Now as far as work, EVERYONE knows. I started to make the announcement at my 6 week mark. Early, huh?? I've heard of the "lets wait 10 week mark"  but couldn't do it!  When my little baby beans showed  their little heart beats at my 6 week ultrasound, how could I resist? Well, I couldn't!  I immediately showed my picture of my little baby beans in their three little sacs to anyone I could. I even told the taxi driver and happily passed over the ultrasound photo to the front. The rest of the drive was a delight and I felt more than blessed when I crawled out. That conversation will last a life time. He claimed that I was a very special person and how blessed my life had become. Life is everything he says, we work so hard to make car payments, mortgage payments, and work our way through life, but with family, it is forever. He spent the rest of the ride talking about  the direction my life was taking and happily I soaked it all up!   

So that was one response to hearing "I am pregnant, and I'm pregnant with Triplets."  I wish I had written them down as they occurred, but here are just a few more and I know more will come as I continue to spread the word!

-Oh My God... and it's Oh My God at least three times, okay maybe 5.
-Three?? You're having triplets? Yes, that's what I said.
-What are you going to do? OMG, (another 3 times).
-Your eating for four.
-So can I have one?I have always wanted twins, but triplets?
-Your not going to be able to work.
-Why are you working?
-You are going to be a celebrity with all the nurses and doctors when there born.
-No more coffee for you. Why are you drinking coffee?
-Your going to need three of everything!

No matter what the response; the reaction is always the same... THE look of stun and the words OH MY GOD!

So as I finish typing, the timing of a screaming "baby" is at the table behind me. What is that going to sound like, times three, I think to myself?  Oh my!

Comments