My professional organzier


It's been 2 weeks now since she flew in on a early Saturday morning and I reflect now on that phone call when she announced she was coming. "I'm coming to Chicago. I should have already been there. I will be your professional organizer and I'm going to show up on time and on my breaks I am going to kiss the belly and rub your feet. You're just going to sit and hold the baby(her baby,that is)."

And that's exactly what my baby sister did. She showed up in a taxi with her 6 month old baby and spent the next 36 hours organizing and cleaning my new home; and even bringing fresh flowers from the store. Once she was done with one thing, the question was always "what's next on the list."

Although help is exactly what I needed, the meaning of her coming went beyond. "Life is getting ready to change for you in a really big way, and before that happened we needed this time together and I needed this time with you and so did Ellington." In essence her reason for coming was a tribute to the past as sisters and a toast to the future. And that is what we did. The memory of that we will share. Thank you little sister for coming...

Comments