Bautista Triplets One Month Tomorrow!

Oh can it really be so! Our Bautista Triplets are here and already will be one month old tomorrow. Gestational wise they would be 38 weeks and 3 days. It was at my weekly ultrasound growth appointment, January 31, that we were told "We believe that you need to have these babies today." I hadn't prepared myself for that news, and blurted out "I'm not 36 weeks yet, they can't come yet." This was the goal that I had set for carrying them to and I was only 11 days away! I am certain that I was not the first woman with triplets to have had the pee test to only be told you have the begining of pre-eclampsia (protein in the urine)and because of my resistance, was bribed, "Lets just check you in and start monitoring your blood pressure and decide from there." Well from the time that was said, the babies were born less than 6 hours later. Some monitoring. Smart though on their part.
So this is how it went. My desire of delivering them naturally was over ridden by unknown risks to both me and the babies. There were risks to both, but I was given the final decision. I opted for the c-section, one that I had been been determined not to have as my c-section with my youngest son was an experience that I wished on no one (couldn't do anything for months, and thought I was going to die.) My husband Alex, my parents, and my son Jordan were all in the room as I tossed my decision back and forth, yes and then no to both, until finally deciding.

In the end, I wasn't able to take the medical risk to the babies of not being able to safely monitor them (heart rates, stress) during the labor process as there was too many of them and it would be difficult and the uncertainity of how my uterus had been cut on the inside from the first c-section was also a risk to both of us. My uterus could rupture. With the decision finally made. I was wisked off to surgery... and with my husband by my side we brought three screaming crying babies into the world!
Happily one month later, I feel great, tired but great. And as a note, it turned out that I made the right choice. Had I gone through labor the chance of my uterus rupturing was very high. The uterus had become so thin at the bottom that the doctor was relieved that I had made the decision I had made, and so am I.
Here is the order of our triplets.
Baby A is Reagan Scott Bautista 4lb 1oz
Baby B is Susannah Scott Bautista 3lb 7oz
And Baby C is Kathleen Scott Bautista 3lb 14oz
As I begin to blog about life with triplets, I know already that writing will be difficult over these next few months (or who am I kidding, maybe a bit longer than that.) I will update the blog with videos as I capture them which help share our story and life of "Running with Triplets" I already have to date many and will be adding them right away. There not long, but they do capture moments that I just can't write, like when my parents came early to help prepare things and were present when their triplet grandchildren entered the world... so much to say and so much share... so stay tuned!!!
And finally let me say THANK YOU to all my triplet suppporters throughout my pregnancy. I have had many. My family. My friends. And people that I met along the way. You made carrying triplets such an memorable AND fun experience. Thank you for this! I remember the day that I was told that there were three and how scared how I felt, but that was soon replaced with joy and as I gaze at my three little precioius ones, I know we were blessed in a very special way!
I have written in another place, that I believe god gives us what we can handle, and I believe we can handle this one too!!!
Many blessings to all of you!

Comments