3 months

I'm sitting here in the dark. Well kind of dark. The light from the closet is on. I usually leave it on during the night to give me just enough light as I fumble between babies half asleep. I had intended to crawl up beside the babies just as soon as I finished yet another pumping session, but as I emptied the coffee pot from this morning I reflected that tomorrow would be 3 months. That is, 3 months since the triplets came into this world. As I continued to tidy, I thought about how I would daydream about what the sound of triplets would sound like, how life would exactly be, and just the plain miracle of having triplets. I was still a non-believer that I was really going to have 3 babies all at once even with all the weekly belly pics  and the ever growing belly and weekly ultrasounds. And even as we walked through those doors that night, when we were told  "We want you to check in, we feel it's time.  But that all changed when Alex jumped up with big bright eyes to the sound of our first baby cry  peering down over the drape. That is when I became a believer.

These 3 months together with our triplets has been a beautiful thing. We have had some visitors along the way, but mostly these 4 walls has been a quiet (okay screaming) spiritual  and intimate sanctuary of getting to know with what we had called our  Baby A, Baby B, and Baby C. There is much to capture on what the first 3 months have been like, mostly what our  Reagan, Susannah, and Kathleen are like and will do so in the next post. But for now I must close my eyes. Oh and before I do.  Let me just say, YES it is possible to love three babies, without a doubt! I had worried about that. I had only ever had one baby at a time. But let me just say, that concern disappeared the MOMENT they were born. Their Daddy and I are so in love with our bundle of joys.

Until next time. Running with Triplets wishes you a goodnight.

Comments