The Triplets Turned ONE!!!

It's hard to believe that our three bundle of Joys have already celebrated their 1st Birthday.  In this case time really does fly. They turned one on January 31st and we celebrated  with the same people that were present when they came into this world. My parents and our son Jordan.

Every month we take a picture of the triplets. I decided that when they were born that I would do this as I so enjoyed getting the monthly pictures that my sister would send of her girls when they were born.  The triplets monthly pictures have been harder and harder to take as one or more is scrambling or trying to get away and I am a exhausted mess by the time it's all over!  So this time, I out smarted them!  I went outside and made crazy little faces and funny dances to keep their attention! It worked. Yay!




 For those that have seen the godzillion pictures of the babies over their first year on Facebook, you may have noticed how one of the babies always had a big yawn going on. Well that was Kathleen! She is no longer a yawner but has moved on to sticking out her tongue or making funny little faces with her nose all scrunched up. Her Gramma  however is trying to teach her not do so.



Susannah however is more interested in what's going on around her, she's our explorer. We already have her tagged as being our world traveler to make her next discovery. And Reagan, well he is just plain getting a kick out of Mommy being on the outside. 











Having a party for three babies was quite perplexing to me. I really had no idea on what to do. That is when my mother said "Just make it simple, make it look festive, the babies will love it." I loved that idea! So that is what I aimed to do. Party Hats, Streamers, Balloons, and of course a birthday cake was the focus and spending it with the very people who were there when the triplets were born was just what I wanted. I had great fun decorating the room and hustled to do so while the babies were on their first morning nap. But you may notice that there are no streamers in this picture, and will explain that later.




Baby Einstein Birthday Hats

Happy Birthday Kathleen! 
What's going on here? I'm a bit concerned?
Happy Birthday Susannah!
Already deciding what she is going to do with this tablecloth.


Happy Birthday Reagan!
Yea,  I'm with Kathleen. What's going on here?
Streamers
For the love of streamers! I am challenged! You can see that in the above picture that I had none and I had no intentions of having any after my frustrating attempt to put them up until my mother arrived and said "Where are the streamers?  Urgh! "The babies will love to look up at them?" I told her that I did have them up, but it looked hideous and I ended up ripping them all down. As you can see I did get a few up. In this case, I dangled a few over the light and yes they were a hit with the babies!






Balloons

 I got these really neat animal balloons and they are reusable. They blow up like a beach ball. I had one in front of each baby and they made the table look extra cute. After the party I put them on the floor and they were able to toss them around. Definitely happy with this choice.
AND FINALLY THE CAKE


Our local bakery made this and it turned out just the way I wanted with all of their names. In the end I decided that the candles would stay on the cake instead of the cupcakes. That had been my original plan, but when I saw that the triplets were already attempting to pull off the birthday table cloth, I said NAAAA to that idea.
TIME TO SIT AND RELAX WITH SOME GIFTS

Here I am with the triplets. I didn't have the time before their party to wrap their gifts so in between taking them out of their high chairs and while they were playing I grabbed the scotch tape and tissue paper and headed for the top of the stairs. Each of them got a Melissa & Doug Activity Board. Upon opening I discovered that they were marked as Ages Three and up. Oh well, our special little triplets love them in spite of that! They also got some neat gifts in the mail and Gramma and Grandpa also spoiled them with lots of gifts too. Now I have the idea to post a separate blog of all their gifts!

PLEASE KEEP YOUR HAT ON FOR MOMMY

It just wasn't happening. As hard as I tried to get them to wear their hats, they would just rip them off as fast as I put them on.  Gramma was pressing the button on the camera constantly to get at least one picture of all three of them wearing them at the same time. She managed to finally get one, but it was a brief moment before they got them off again!




                                                  A FEW MORE PICTURES

Big brother Jordan
Susannah

Reagan



Daddy

                            Were off to enjoy the next phase of Triplethood. Toddlerhood! Oh BOY!!!!

Comments