Triplets 12 months Peds Appointment!


When we got home from the Triplets 12 month wellness visit yesterday, my husband said that was a rough visit.  He was right and the fact he said that, meant that it really had been rough.  I'll just say it was awful! To the point that a stiff drink would have helped. Okay, I'm kidding. Well sort of.

Here's the thing. Their pediatrician is great, but I swear she must have an award for keeping the best documentation on her patients. Let's just say she thorough. There is a whole lot of typing going on when she  sits down before even getting to the babies and then there is the post exam notes. I mean, I am grateful she is thorough, as I worked in the medical field and concise documentation is a priority in good patient care, so I get it, but yesterday was just too much.

It didn't help that all three babies had diapers on only and we had already been trying to hold three squiggly babies on this high narrow exam table for 20 minutes before she even walked in.  First of all it wasn't safe as underneath the table was a concrete floor.  I even commented to my husband as we were trying to secure the babies from moving around, on how I wondered how many babies had fallen from this kind of table with a distracted parent.  Anyways, enough on that.  Maybe I can look for a suggestion box on their next visit and put a thought on that.

So to sum up the triplets 12 month visit they all went in smiling. Here they are on the way in the car.

Reagan Scott

Susannah Scott

Kathleen Scott


But by the time we walked out, we were all frazzed. All six of us. Therefore there are no more pictures. Even big brother, who had to leave the room, because even for him it was a bit much. We could tell when he put his hands out and said I think I need my finger nails clipped. Yep, it was time to go and the waiting room was offered to him.

The babies screamed for half or more of their visit. They would not sit still.  I  had or my husband had two babies at a time on our lap, both of them either arching their back trying to squirm their way out or they were crying. And then to top it off, at an hour and half later the doctor said, "okay, the nurse will come in now and give them their shots, one in each leg." Oh boy. From that point on. We both went into survival mode and did not speak a word until we got home. Yep, you got. They screamed, all three of them, when those shots came. And they didn't stop. And guess what. The two nurses didn't say a word either.  They left as fast as they came in. Not even can we help you with one of the babies as I had my arms extended and draped over three babies in diapers who were lying on their back on this awful table. Okay, so there it is. There 12 month visit was awful.

 But rather to leave this post all negative let me perk it up a bit.

All babies are healthy and perfect. They are still smaller than a typical one year old, but the doctor pointed out that they really are not far behind at all. They all have had good steady growth. Reagan is now the longest and heaviest Weighing in at 18lbs and 28.25 inches but to consider he was only 4.1lbs when he was born he has more than four times his weight. Actually all three of them have done this. Susannah is 17.4 and  27 inches  and Kathleen is 17.1 and 28 inches.

Next visit is at 15 months...Maybe I will bring their pack and play this time.

PS: Here's a short video clip that Jordan captured. Had no idea that he was doing this, but so glad that he did. Thanks Jordan.









Preferences
§
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
Return
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.
/
shift
English
alt
alt
Preferences

Comments