The Fun is JUST Beginning!


People use to say that to me. Wait until they are all walking, that is when the fun will really begin. Well it's true, " The fun is just beginning!" Three walking babies and of course all in opposite directions!

These days there is very little crawling going on with any of them. Actually, if they start to crawl, they almost immediately stop and stand up. It's like they forget for a moment that they have an easier way to get around.

The other day I posted about getting them their first bouncy ball while we were out on a late afternoon stroll.  We had stopped at the school yard, but they had to stay in the stroller because there was only one of me and three of them. Earlier in the day, I had ordered harnesses and they arrived yesterday. I love Amazon Prime. It came in one day!  I had just got done making a barricade on my front entry walk because they were not happy about being in the pack and play, when the UPS man walked up holding this tiny little box filled with some Mommy help!  Yay!

My poor neighbors. My house will be the odd looking one in the courtyard. One neighbor stepped outside when she saw the floor mats and pack and plays. Her comment was "Looks like you're moving your nursery outside." Well kind of.  I do promise however, to not leave it like that overnight or when not outdoors.  

This is all about survival now and keeping my babies safe! I think, I told her that too.

So the day statrted out like this... 


The triplets all in the pack and play.
Oh what fun!

And within a few hours, I had these! Boy that was fast. Hadn't even been 24 hours since I placed the order! Now, I have to admit.  Easy enough to put on, but have to admit a little tricky for mom, because they still want to go in different directions.  Kathleen and Reagan seem to be unaware that they are actually wearing something, but Susannah is on to it, and she's not so happy about it. Her Tatay said she does not like to be controlled. I think he's right about that. One thing I know, is I have to get an extension, as I will have some babies toppling over pretty quick! I think there is about a 6" leeway now. Not long enough!


Here's the barricade and our neighbors children coming by to check it out.  I was trying to think how I can keep the babies from falling and not hurting themselves on the concrete. Remember it's about trying to keep them all safe!  Voila! Out came the foam mats and they seem to enjoy them too.
I wonder how long it will take them to figure out that they can really escape if they wanted. Can you see how?  Maybe by then our sod will be installed and we can move our play area to over there. For now it's filled with a bunch of mulch!
I'd say we got the area pretty much covered!
Time to go to work. 
A neighbor who was walking by, saw our set up, and asked if she could take our picture. 
Why, of course!

Today is another nice day. The babies are napping and I am headed out doors to set up their play station. Once Tatay wakes up, we're headed out to get their very first pair of shoes and some extensions for their harness! 

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!  

Comments