Bye Bye Court Yard!

Don't even think for one second that any of this was easy. By easy, I mean this whole picture perfect looking day, that I am getting ready to share. I am sure I will live a nice long life because of these guys. They don't give me any opportunity to even think about having a headache, toothache, or  whatever else has happened to me, but  have gotten over, only because there is no time to think about getting the ibuprofen or going to the doctor; like my mother nicely asks, " Have you seen the doctor?" Ummm, NO, I have not seen the doctor. I would have no idea on how that would even work.

Okay, now that I have got that off my chest. Let's, move on to what is really going on. 

These are the Bautista Triplets and they have decided that they are just going to do what they darn well please. One thing for sure, is that they are not going to stay happy in this courtyard for much longer. When spring arrived, and they hadn't yet started walking, the pack and play that contained them worked real well. And then when the walking came along, the courtyard did a pretty job, but now it is just a ball of stress for all of us. It's just not fun. Running after babies either headed for the stairs that lead to the street or to the back where the ramp is and a tumble over has already occurred, is coming to an end.  They are just too much on the move, so it looks like my only option for a nice happy summer, is to move on to bigger places. And I've got one in mind. One that kept me in the city, instead of moving to the suburbs. At least that is what I talked about when we decided to buy our little home. And it is called the big wonderful"Lakefront" that is filled with ballfields, tennis courts, kiddie parks, and running and bike paths.  All of this is just at the end of the street.



So, that's the plan. But first I wanted a picture with their sun hats, that I know before long will be ripped off one or all of their heads. I ordered these last summer and they are true sun hats with UVP. At least that was a part of the description.  Again, no easy thing here. Jordan was standing behind me dancing and bouncing a ball in an effort to get them to all stay put and look my way. It  also required me jumping that fence a few times to get a baby trying to escape and get away. By the way the fence is 15 inches high.  We should have gone higher when we had it put in this past fall, but....OH that's a long story. Another time, maybe.


Anyways, before headed to the park, our first stop was the grocery store Whole Foods. It's a great store, but expensive, but even so, I still love going there. Attached to the store is the  Center of Halsted, a Community Center that provides an area to eat your purchases, and the ample amount of high chairs that they provide, makes it an easy place to go to. After picking out lunch we headed for that area. Isn't it nice? They each have a little organic Sweet Potato pouch that they just squeeze. My new best friend. So easy and nutritious and mess free!  I love them and so do they and they come in all kinds of varieties.

Honestly, lunch went pretty easy, up until the whipping of whatever was in front of them started hitting the floors. That meant we're done and back into their stroller seats they went. I was real appreciative when the man at the front desk got up and came over and said, "Don't worry about putting the highchairs back, I can see that you have your hands full." You bet I took him up on it too.

Once we got to the lake front, I opted for the  first set of shaded trees instead of walking on to the kiddies park.  It was hot and muggy and I was already worn out.  I pushed the stroller up onto the grassy hill and parked it. The babies, all the babies just sat and watched the tennis players for a minute or so before taking them out.


It felt real good to just plop down and what a perfect place for them to run around and fall without getting hurt.
It was then time to start venturing off. 
Reagan and Susannah are  contemplating on where there headed to next.
Meanwhile Kathleen is off on her own enjoying the rest of her sweet potatoes.
Susannah decided to get a little closer to the action.
Kathleen is always putting things in her mouth. Oops, those are my keys!
Reagan has found a baby bird who seems to have fallen from her nest. It just kept jumping around,
Back together again.
But not for long. Big brother is tiring himself now chasing these guys around. Time for a new plan.
Ah hah! I've got one. These seats come out of the stroller. In one place again. 
 Susannah, a little puzzled, aye?
Comical Kathleen 
Now, the plan was to change these little guys diapers before heading back for hopefully some naps. Voila. Instant diaper changing station. One receiving blanket. 3 diapers and some wipes.
Yep, I'd say, they are looking a little tired.


The large of law numbers. One has to to turn the other way.
And it worked that way for naps too. One took a nap, and that was Kathleen. 

So as summer is kicking in, may it be safe and healthy one. 
Stay tuned to when I share how  Running with Triplets will be "Running" with Triplets. That's the plan. I was forced into a little sabbatical due to weather and schedules,  but as naps and bottles are going out the window and the mind is revving up daily on how to make it work.  
It's time to get it going AGAIN!

Comments