First Day of Summer Fun

Right at the end of the street is a high-rise with a pool open to the residents of the community. It does require purchasing a summer membership, but what a find. As one lady said yesterday"This is the best kept secret in the city." And I have to admit, she is right. 

We have lived in the neighborhood for several years, and I never knew about this place until last summer when one of our neighbors bounced out of her house with her swimming wear on and a tote bag and said "I'm headed to the pool for the day." What pool?

This was our first time here. And it was the first day of summer. The intention was to just to go along with Jordan, to see it and then leave, but when we saw the little kiddies pool, I had to let the triplets out. I wasn't sure what they would do, but they headed right for it, and the splashing away began.


Jordan had already escaped and was in the pool, while I was chasing babies around this little pool trying to prevent them from toppling over. 
Well they didn't fall in, but they did get drenched. Off came the clothes and back into the stroller they went. Susannah was a little more cautious, so she was able to keep her clothes on.

Instead of leaving right away and because they were no longer crying from their fun ending, we headed to the other side of the pool, so they could get a good view of the pool and watch Jordan swim.




Oops that didn't last for long. Kathleen is protesting. She wants to get in.
Susannah seems just content with her little fruit pouch.
And Reagan? I'm not so sure. Plain tired I think. Notice the bump on his forehead? 
That's what the helmet is for. Obviously, he didn't have it on that time.
And this is what they did when we got back home. 

                                         
 Here is short video of them splashing away! Next time I will be more prepared. I hope they let me sit in the pool. I can't imagine how I am going to do this.  



Comments