Running with Triplets (Again).

I started this blog soon after I learned I was pregnant, and I named it "Running With Triplets" because that is what I intended to NOT stop doing.  This decision of course was cleared by the high risk doctor who told me to keep doing, what I was already doing.  I continued to do that, up until my 16th week, when my body told me that it was time to call it quits.  

When the triplets turned 6 months, and with now the pediatrician clearance,  I picked it back up, but not for very long due to schedules,  and honestly it just was too complicated and impossible to even manage. I needed more time.

I found when I would blog and look at the name, I would question it.  I wondered if  running had come to an end. I even contemplated about changing the name, but could not find the guts to really do so. I think I knew in time, and in due time, the running would begin again.

A second summer with the triplets has begun and has brought back running.  Even the triplets seemed to feel just as relaxed and natural with it. It has been like seeing an old friend again, picking up where we had left off.  What a great feeling to experience.
When we headed for the lakefront for that first run almost 3 weeks ago, I had to stop and grab this picture. It was just to perfect of a day to not capture. Jordan had decided to join us and having my four babies with me was more than a perfect feeling.
Starting the run looked like this.
 And when I looked down at 6 little bare feet, spread out in front of me and one big baby beside me, I smiled and put my head phones on and started my favorite song.

Chasing Pavements by Adele. Have you heard of it?

"Should I give up, or should I just keep on chasing pavements, even if it leads no where."

Maybe that's why I run. 

There is no real reason. It just feels right.


Comments