The triplets are 19 months old today!

No one is sick or having a birthday as these balloons may lead you to believe. I bought these yesterday at one of our local Walgreens that we stopped by to cool off on our way back home. It was 90 degrees, but felt like 100 degrees.  We headed to the toy aisle to check things out, but after the triplets kept throwing the toys onto the floor, I said the heck with it and put the toys back on the shelf. On the way out of the store, the balloons caught my eye and I thought of  my cousin Sonia, who sent Reagan a balloon along with a gift during a hospital stay.  I remember her saying how her boys always had lots of fun with them. I also thought of my sister Erica, who would say "Buy them a balloon...It will buy you time" and then tell me specifically how much time it would equate too.

Well they are both right! The balloons turned the babies into hysterical laughing babies as they tugged on the string, watching it go up and down! And the people waiting in line were just as amused at watching their excitement. It was a win win!
The balloons were still a hit today!
Once we got there, I reflected how life with the babies has evolved and how the wheels of time are really starting to kick in. They still are very much babies, but they are growing and developing at a rapid pace now.  Being a mother a second time around with babies, has taught me to slow down and just let some things happen as they may. I admit, that yes, when the plates of food hits the floor at meal times, it's not such an easy thing to do!  I just tell myself, deep breathe, as this not so fun part of having triplets will come to an end one day!  I have the impression that I mention this a lot. That must say something! Besides that, I can pretty much tackle anything!

A few pictures from today.
They all love the swings and become a little sedated and calm in them,

Susannah has become pretty confident with using the slide on her own. 
Kathleen is fascinated with the sprinklers and touching the water. 
She would prefer doing this, than climbing like Susannah and Reagan.
And Reagan, is always looking for an escape route.
He is pretty good at finding it too.
Kathleen made no attempt to try this, while Susannah and Reagan 
had to be constantly grabbed once they got to the second level.
Even this distance makes Kathleen anxious.
I didn't have any shovels for them to play in the sand, 
so I ripped off the gift tags from the balloons. It kept them still for a few minutes.
                    And finally, the top random comments from people today (and my thoughts to them).
Are those Triplets? I have never seen triplets. Can I take a look? (Take a look?)
Three? Triplets? (Yep)
One, Two, Three. (You got it)

Comments