It's the simple things that makes a GREAT day!

Finally, this park opened up!!! Sadly it closed mid summer just when I practically had discovered it. I was very excited about finding it, as it was nearby and right down the street from our local Starbucks and it was ENCLOSED. A necessary feature for a mother of triplets.  It seemed like it had been closed forever with the many disappointments of venturing down the street to see that it was still all boarded up. The triplets would let out a cry when I would turn the wagon back around to leave, as this little park nestled into this quiet tree lined street had become a part of their daily routine. 

After raining all day yesterday and not getting the chance to get outside, the motivation was high to get out the door with the triplets.  Lunch had ended and next on the agenda was out the door. It was dreary and it was mid 40's, but no rain. That was good enough for me. A hot chocolate at Starbucks and again another walk down the street was the plan.  What a pleasant surprise to see the signs down and into the park we went! Equally pleasing was having my wonderful sister and brother in law come along who are spending time visiting with us. 
   The first thing we headed for was the swings. Only 2 baby seats. Bummer. Reagan and Susannah were the first to try. Kathleen was not so happy about that and Susannah readily gave up her time and found something else to do. 
 
 Two babies and a laughing Tita.
 Meanwhile Jordan and his Tito are enjoying some bonding time too while
Susannah is enjoying her alone time in the sand box.
This is the new piece of play equipment. Reagan enjoyed walking back and forth. He just kept repeating this while his Tito stayed right behind him.

Meanwhile, the girls found contentment playing in the sandbox filling up their buckets. 
 When I announced it was time to go (naptime was approaching). 
I had some very unhappy babies, but
I promised them that we would come back tomorrow.
The best part of getting them out after lunch is an almost for sure nap once we get home! Part of the trick to making that happen is a pit stop at the local grocery store. Getting a food pouch, opening it up before getting to the check out line and having their drinks ready for them. This is snack time. Over and done with before we get home. I sometimes have a surprised cashier when I hand them an empty pouch and tell them to swipe it three times. I usually just laugh and say "Anything to just get through the day!" They always readily agree and off we go.

That is what I did today. Once we got home, I systematically prepared them while still in the wagon. I removed their shoes, unbuckled one baby, ran inside with that baby, tossing their shoes and jacket into the basket while heading for the stairs, taking a quick sniff (for you know what) and into their crib they went. Back down the stairs,  repeating the process until all babies were in their cribs. I swear from start to finish and having sleeping babies was less than 15 minutes, along with a hot tea in my hands. Sweet.
One foot hanging out. Guess who?
Video Time.

Preferences

Comments

Post a Comment