Room to Room kind of a day

My mother told me this morning that it was 12 degrees here in Chicago. We were attempting a visit over skype, but most of the time it ends up with her watching me manage the babies who always act out with any extra attention.  And it wasn't any different this time. I think when the babies were taking turns practicing their jumping skills on my bed, it was enough for her to say " Okay, I think I am going to go now."

So then what?  No Gramma, a empty house (my in-laws went to church) and a sleeping Jordan. It wasn't even 9:00 and I was beginning to feel the "heat" of the babies and it was only 12 degrees outside!  The babies were wandering around my bedroom (we were getting ready to have a bumpy start to our day) after letting them out of their highchairs arranged nicely on the bedroom floor (which by the way get carted all over the house). Yes, breakfast sometimes happens here. Why not? Right? The thing is, I operate from having to be in  survival mode with these sweet little triplets, unlike with my other two sweet singletons. My singleton babies (Richard and Jordan) ate their meals in the kitchen every day. By the way, the term "singleton" means when you have one baby. One baby at a time, that is.

Anyways, back to the morning.  I had already changed three diapers and could smell I was due for some more. I had a baby clinging to me (Susannah) who would not let me put her down, I had another one hanging on my leg wanting me to hold her too, and I had Reagan running in circles. To top things off,  I only had a half a cup of coffee in me. Not a good thing.

So this is what I did first. I prayed the Serenity Prayer. Yes, you do that with triplets. Then I dropped off each baby in their cribs and we restarted our morning there. We did another diaper change (yes, in the crib) and then proceeded to get each one dress. Now what?  I still needed that other half cup of coffee.

I announced it was puzzle time.!







For now they're sleeping.. Oops spoke to soon. The first one is crying... Gotta go... It's 11:48 and I have a feeling we might need some more puzzle time sessions to get through a  day which more than likely will  mean being stuck at home  Or, I could just do what I did yesterday.

They don't look so thrilled about my attempt of trying to give them some fresh air. 
  
So, today will more than likely be a rotation day. 

Room to Room. Room to Room, that is how we will get through OUR day, with a nick nack patty wack... 

Oh no! I better stop now! 

Here's to a peaceful day! 

Comments