Christmas 2013 blessings

 I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to share in this post until today (now yesterday) when it occurred to me that what I really wanted to share were my thoughts about the feeling of Christmas I had been given.. I realized this when my thoughts  kept coming back to one thing - and that was the anticipation and days leading up to Christmas Day. This was the most special time for me -  not the Christmas buying or even the decorating,  but what I observed in others.

Strangers in stores. Strangers passing one another while out in the neighborhood.  Cab drivers mingling with their customer.  It was just everywhere. The holiday spirit was out there.  

What struck me is how Christmas is still very present in the hearts of people.  While I have observed "cynicism" in the lives and minds of people, it was comforting and reassuring to observe an exchange of positiveness with  kindness towards one another regardless of creed or race. or whatever else.  People do still say Merry Christmas to each other.  People do still smile and nod their head to one another while passing by.  I know this, because it happened to me. A lot.   And every time it happened,  I walked away with such a good feeling by this simple exchange of warmth and goodwill towards another. This is what I  loved about this Christmas - The magic of Christmas of experiencing love and joy in the hearts of people.  

And OF COURSE there is one more thing that I loved about this Christmas. 
Well actually there are two things.  

One  is the blessing of having three little bundle of joys. Our triplets.  How could I have imagined such a thing. I couldn't have.  Life gave me another "run" at this and that is what I have been doing since the moment they came into this world. The triplets celebrated their 2nd Christmas and having a house full of three 22 month toddlers on Christmas Day was to say the least EXHAUSTING!  Did you think I was going to say anything different? Heck no!  Okay, now that I have just made myself laugh, the truth is -  that no matter how the day goes, and most days it GOES - each day with them is a blessing and Christmas Day was just that - a Blessing filled with many smiles and giggles, crying (wailing) and discovering.  

And the 2nd thing that I loved about this Christmas - was having my husbands brother Bernard and  sister-law Mercy with us.  25 years since they have been together. I felt thankful for them and for the opportunity to come back together. The only thing that was missing was a  picture of them together,
but as my sister in law said, the holiday season is not not over. 
That's true.  We still have the New Year.

Here are a few pictures and will  post the rest on the Triplets Facebook Page.

What do you think they are excited about?
The gifts that are all sitting out under the Christmas Tree?  Nope.
They are excited about playing with the light switch! Well at least Kathleen and Reagan are. 
Looks like Susannah spots something!
Santa brought them an Activity Table. One side is for Lego'. The other side is for a train set.
A surprise knock on the door from Mrs. H and daughter Jamie.
Our dear neighbors with an arm full of gifts for everyone!
Toys and PJ's and their own individual snowman packet of cookies for the
 triplets and gifts for everyone and a huge platter of an assortment
of homemade cookies and chocolates from Mrs. H.
This is going to give them lots of busy and creative time.
Headed out to see a few neighbors to wish them a Merry Christmas.
A neighbors takes our picture.
Back home now. Table and Chair Set from Santa.
Christmas Night.
They were in bed. Nobody was sleeping, so out of the bed they went.

Merry Christmas to All! 
And a most Happy Healthy and Prosperous New Year!

 And just in case you missed it. Here's Santa. 
The Sunday before Christmas at Lincoln Park Zoo.


And Heck one little Video on Christmas Eve of the Bouncing Triplets

Okay shucks. One more.  Christmas Morning. 
Looks like I did capture the brothers together after all.
Yay! 




Preferences

Comments