And she was flying (and it wasn't me!)

A little update on the running.  My last blog post was about getting back on track with the running and also trying to find a way to make blogging a much easier process. I thought I could get more posts out there if I just kept things simple and to the point.  That was 3 weeks ago. Not as soon as I had hoped. But one must start somewhere.  So here goes. Wish me luck (-:

The running has been awesome.  I have been faithfully running and making it back in the morning before my three little ones and my big one wakes up. So far there hasn't been any major challenges, I do the miles that the day calls for, that was until yesterday.  A long run was on the schedule and I just couldn't muster myself to do it.  There was no way I was going to be able to run 12 miles.  My body wasn't feeling it and neither was my head. So I made a deal with little 'ole me.  I would get extra hydrated and take an extra rest day and say nice encouraging words to myself, saying that I could do this and I've done it before and so on and so on....

Oh by the way.. just in case you didn't know. I'm training for the Chicago Marathon in October. Today completed 4 weeks. Only 600.5 miles left to run before race day. (-:

So yea, that is what I did . I got up and out the door I went.  By the way,  I also admit I did sleep in my running clothes...  wanted to make it extra easy to open that door.

Today's run was great. I was flying (or so I thought).  I'm running faster than I ever have before. I was feeling strong.  Telling myself that I am so glad that I gave myself an extra day. I had sunk into a nice peaceful pace when out of no where my lovely neighbor comes sailing on by. Scared the heck out of me.... I think I used the words "Oh Jesus"  Wish something else  had fallen off my lips, but she scared the heck out of me...yelling  out "hi" with a wave and smile and then seemed to vanish into thin air...  I also wish I had gotten a picture of her... but I had no time to get one! She was gone.  And to top things, you think running by me once wasn't bad enough, she also caught up to me on the way back... this time me yelling out.. I knew it!!!   Oh well...

So I wasn't able to get a picture of my super runner neighbor, but here is what I did manage to get from today's run... a record for myself for time... and a few pictures to make the miles go by...



My first picture. I called this one on FB...Don't be shy...come on out. Yes, I posted to FB during a run (-:

Sunrise Photo Session

Not sure why this truck is on the bike/running path.
Sing and playing guitar on a skateboard. All before  7 in the morning.
A swimmer. Ideas are forming in my head.

A baptism of individuals

Arms of steel
Thanks for reading.  
I think I need to continue to work on keeping it simple and to the point. 
k

Comments