Saying "No" to long runs....


Sitting here waiting for my husband to come home, so I can go out and run 14 miles.

Some runs can be postponed, others cannot. Long runs cannot. That was the delimenna I was in yesterday.

My mother asked me yesterday "Could you just postpone it to another day, so we could go to breakfast (that I  totally spaced on and missed today?)  What?  Post pone a long run? I didn't even give it consideration.  I blurted out "No."  Yes, I have to admit saying "No" to your own mother can feel a bit uncomfortable, but in the heart of training for another marathon with triplets, saying "No"  to your mother on a scheduled long run....might just be possible.


So while waiting, here's what my guys are doing. 

Kathleen- Just waking up

Susannah- some how she ended up in my bed in the  middle of the night.
Reagan- First one up! Always is!

Comments