Running has its good days.. and not so good days.

Sundays are my long runs and the  training agenda I am following for  the  Chicago Marathon called for 16 miles today. I ran it, it wasn't pretty and it didn't feel it either. My body fought it right from the get go. I had a blister on my right foot (from wearing cheapo socks on one of my runs this week) and I was feeling that thing the whole time. My feet were achy and I just felt tight.  And so that goes with running. Not every run is going to make you feel proud. I was running at a min to sometimes 2 min slower pace and it seemed as if it would never end. But not true. Things do end. Right? And until they do, sometimes pushing our way through it, is all we can really do.

The best part of any run.. good feeling or a bad feeling.... is being inspired at every thing around you. 

A pre run pic... and truly inspitational to me are my three love bugs.
This is how I woke up. Next to these guys. Don't ask. 


 I thought I was being smart by finding an off beaten path. I forgot the sunscreen.
Back in the sun again )-: Why do these topless guys make running look so easy? No... why do these guys MAKE running look effortless as they are laughing and chatting amongst themselves.  This is why I run by MYSELF. I am not talking to anyone.
What a perfect thing to do with your Sunday Morning.  Get together as a goup. Take Pictures and Ride your bike off into the lake.
Don't worry sleeping person. I won't even think about putting one little step into your space. On the way back though,  it did cross my mind to zig zag through just to see what he would do (-: Just kidding.. sort of.

Oh perfect. I'm downtown now, running across 4 lanes. What happened to the running path? Apparently, I have to make a left at the underpass and run over the bridge to pick it back up again. Sure!
Kids, I promise we will get here before summer is over. The Shedd Aquarium.  I'm getting to run around it.
Nice. I like the city from this view.
So when I asked the volunteer what race is this. He said it is half marathon, the biggest loser one.  Oh, okay, I looked it up. He's right. Alrighty then.
Half way point. Time to turn around.  Darn, no cash or credit card for a taxi. I probably could have bribed myself into taking one.

Beginning to feel the end insight when I came across this.   These big feet weren't here last week?  Cool sculpture.. so cool, that I had  to shoot off a text to my sculpture artist son Richard, one of my little attempts to inspire him... but seems to be doing a good job these days of doing that himself.  Check him out yourself on his facebook page Hamilton Sculpture
So what's the story with this 7 foot talk sculpture called UNthink Walking? I was curious and here is what I found...Unthink Walking

Running With Triplets thanks you for reading. Be well. Be happy. And be inspired!

Comments