Who went second?

Before I even write this post. Let me make one little clarification on my last post.  It seems that I might have given the impression to some - that Susannah ran 16 miles on her first solo run. No No. She did not - and I updated that post, to make it just a bit more clear.  What kind of mommy would run 16 miles with their 2 year old on their first time out with mom?  Not me. That sounds torteous for both of us! (-:   But we did manage a happy fun 5 miler together. 

So today, meaning really today... today being Thursday... another one of my kiddos got to run.  I was going to do a coin toss between Reagan and Kathleen; but instead, I chose to do eenie, meenie, miney, mo, again.  And, I ended up doing it a few times - they just wanted to keep hearing it over and over again.

So, what do you think?  Who went for a solo run with mom and who went to the park? 

Yep...Reagan went for the run ... a get me going kind of run... 6 miles. 

Honestly, I was slightly hesitant about this run, as I was not so sure how it would pan out with my little Reagan.  On group runs he would start bucking and I was forever stopping.  Not so fun; so consequently that came to a quick halt.  But today... oh my goodness... it was more than fun! I was elated and I know he was loving it too. 

How did I know? It wasn't long before he sat up and started singing "wheels on the bus" (his favorite song) while taking everything in along the way.  He just seemed to settle in and enjoy the ride. Pure success!

And then lo and behold. A dream come true for any little 2 year old boy (well maybe), but in Reagan's case, it was.  A police officer scaling the beach on a four wheeler. Yay!


We caught up with the officer, and as I approached him, I gave him a little wave, to let him know I was coming his way.  I had an idea.. you know me...click click... and with a little shy smile, I blurted out (probably sounding like a nerd), "My son loves anything with wheels and he loves police men.  Can I take your picture with him?" I'm pretty sure he wanted to say no, but when he saw Reagan look up at him, I got a not so excited sounding "Sure." 

Can't you feel his excitement?  Oh well. And Reagan was not so happy about it either.
At this point we hit our 3 mile point.

And while we were on our way back, I was telling Reagan what a great job he was doing, and how I was loving this time together - when I noticed that he kept looking down.

A- ha...


Yes, Reagan. That's our shadow. You and I are running!


1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
Return
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l
;
'
\
shift
`
z
x
c
v
b
n
m
,
.

Comments