2014 Chicago Bank Of America Marathon.

I really am trying to be the kind of blogger that can just blurt things out and do it often. Once in awhile I do; but not enough.   There are so many blogs that brew in my little head, but never go beyond that.  Can I just say three two-year olds... and that be enough?


My last post was three weeks before the Chicago Marathon.  That post and most of my posts this summer were mainly about training and the leading up to this event on October 12th.  Many of you already know the status of the race; that I ran and finished, with a personal best.

This was my 3rd time running the Chicago. The first was 5 years ago in 2009, and I ran it with my cousin Victoria; who flew out with my Aunt (her mother), who cheered us on, along with my mother and one of my sisters. The training was so fun with all the emails between us. That year was all about finishing.  I had no idea what to expect. It was my second race ever (with an  8 K just a few weeks prior)  besides running on the Cross Country team in High School.  I knew if I could finish with a 4 being the first number in my time; I would be happy.  I achieved that... 4:58:40.   I was hyped and could not wait to do it again and I signed up just as soon as they opened up registration for the next year. The goal was to beat that time. I did not. I finished more than 20 minutes slower.  It was hot that day and I think I was little bit less inspired.


This marathon took on a bit of a different approach. Of course I wanted to beat my first  marathon time, but I also wanted to really make it memorable and share my experiences with pictures that I took on my runs;  which then turned into a blog.  I also knew that training with 2 year old triplets would require a bit of stamina. For both me and my husband.  There would be the sleepless nights, sick days, unforeseen happenings, and just feeling unmotivated for the extra long run that was scheduled for that week.  The priority would be to stay in  the training program over 16 weeks and to run the 605 miles that it called for.

 Most achievements in ones life have had some sort of helping hand along the way.  And in this case, my husband and my big boy Jordan took over so I could train.

Every morning after working a 12 hours plus shift; generally operating daily on 5-6 hours of sleep, he and Jordan would cart off the kids.  He never complained and always welcomed the extra time he got to spend with them.  He is my marathon husband!

On my way to 26.2 miles. 

Around mile 16.

Telling myself.. 10 more miles. 
The last stretch and climb before turning for the finish line. 
Here comes the finish!
I am telling myself that I will never do this again.
Kind of like being in labor.
Never again feeling and before you know it, that feeling soon wains.,.
Who knows. We'll see!
26.2 miles! 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
0
-
=
Backspace
Tab
q
w
e
r
t
y
u
i
o
p
[
]
Return
capslock
a
s
d
f
g
h
j
k
l

Comments