A little Christmas Eve Confession and Tradition

I laboured all day in the kitchen preparing our Christmas Eve meal. I'm so proud of myself.

I am not telling the truth though. I have a little confession.

A mother of almost 3 year old triplets does not spend her time in the kitchen baking. I refuse such pleasure. I demand peace and time and sanity for my family of six and that is what I sought out to do.

Instead of opening up my oven, (which by the way hasn't been opened since moving in 3 years ago) I opened my front door and walked around the corner to our local European store. I was so happy to  see a nice display of a meal choices that I knew my family would love, as well as appreciate a stress free and happy mom.

I then bought some special Christmas Reynolds wrap and prepared each plate and plopped them in the refrigerator.

There's my confession!  I don't cook. Or at least not if it involves an oven. We will sit and gather this evening and enjoy a meal that someone else laboured over before heading out to a Christmas Eve Service.  A tradition that my husband and I started together before the triplets were born and one that my parents did with us when we were growing up.

What are your Christmas Eve traditions? 
Do you have one that you look forward too? 
I would love to hear it and if you have a confession, I would REALLY love to hear that too!!!

Comments