Have a good time!

My two-year olds were perfect travelers. To- and- fro.  I don't know if that is correct to say, but I like the way it sounds.  If you don't already know, they flew for the very first time. We went home to my parents for the Thanksgiving holiday. Honestly, I expected meltdowns, squirming, and constant redirecting. Instead, they behaved like seasoned little travelers. There were a lot of  'high five' moments going off in my head; from the beginning of our journey, to the coming of home, or, again, to-and fro.

When  my mother asked "How was the journey back?" I thought about that word and it went beyond  the fact they were well behaved and there were really no hassles.  I thought about what this trip really meant. A journey for them.

A journey can be a time of growth. And that's what happened.  My children bloomed in just two short weeks. They learned new games being surrounded by their cousins and Aunts. Their language exploded and are talking in full sentences. It was amazing to watch this unfold. I think their growth really hit me when were waiting to board the plane, to come home. While watching the planes land and take off; Kathleen waved to one of the planes and said "That's a big one, bye bye plane, have a good time!" I think she summed it up perfectly. 

Journeys can be good ones...you can grow from them, AND... YES "Have a good time!" 



And I think we did!




Comments