We're off to meet Santa!

If I don't do this post now, it will be lost in the pile of "Wish I had" pile. 

Meeting Santa and sharing this with my little ones to look back on is a must. Last year the kids met Santa (for the first time) at our local Lincoln Park Zoo and we were off to do that again!

So this is how it went AND exactly in this order.
Okay everybody up! Don't move. Comb your hair and shoes are put on.

 Picture before we walk out the door. Easy Cooperation here.

Not so easy cooperation here. As we approached Santa, Kathleen turned to me and grabbed my leg and said "I don't like him!" Okay fine, I do and so does Jordan. Susannah did tell Santa, "I want play dough" as she was walking away. Reagan didn't say anything, although all afternoon when asked "what are you going to tell Santa to bring you" he said, "I want, cars,  choo choo trains, daddy's car and parking garage!"

The trauma of meeting Santa has ended. Now we will just admire  Santa from a distance. Reagan has also discovered that he loves hard candy, but without the plastic, please!

This was totally spontaneous... and the kids loved it. That surprised me. I was expecting crying. Kathleen became quite confident on hers within seconds and began waving to the people that were waiting their turn.

One more. Need to get all six of us in. 

I had to move. Kathleen's ride wasn't going up and down.

Okay much better.  Up and down. She was quite happy.


Look at what we stumbled across in the Lions Den! Crafts! Rudolph!
The kids were perfect little crafters. The girls stood and watched as it was explained  what each step was and Reagan actually participated with pressing his little parts down on the paper.

Ta da!

They won't wear it. But we sure will. 

Would you please just stand next to this pretty Christmas Tree. I got lucky. The rest of the time they spent running back and forth and then out of nowhere started running around and around  group of men, until the men finally realized what they were doing and began laughing.

Back out side. They stood here for the longest time and very quietly too. No one talked. 

Gift shop. Thomas the Train,

I don't know what he's holding here, but whatever it is, he is really checking it out.

They were so well behaved in the store, I agreed to giving them my credit card!

And what do we do at the end of  an eventful evening?
We brush our teeth!

Comments