Rain and Rainbows

Rain Rain Go Away was my last post..I was planning a bike ride with my old friend who was visiting from Germany and would be stopping by to see me. I joked that it could rain...no problem. Well, when the skies became dark, I was about to chicken out, and just say that we could visit at home. That thought didn't stay for long, when it became evident, that any kind of visit would be taken over by non-stop redirecting, of my little people. I began to quickly sway my head back and forth between my Nihola bike (with a rain hood) and my three-year-olds who were on their way of become even more livelier.  I told my dear friend, "Let's just do it, we can visit in the rain and they can stay put in their Nihola!"
Well, as you can see, it did rain. Actually, it poured, and poured,  and we had only made it to the end of the block before we had to come to a complete halt.
And eventually, we let them out (after they realized that we weren't moving) and what an entertainer my dear friend was.
Back, on the bikes again and yes, it was still raining, but just a nice... easy kind of rain. We got to talk and talk... while my little ones ...carried on just chatting and singing away. Everyone was happy!
 
But appetites were in the air, and so we stopped.
Still happy and guess who? It's me, Susannah!
Dinner in a lovely restaurant while the rain fades away. 
Sweet looking, isn't it?
..
 We headed to lakefront and the showers came again.
And it poured.Really poured.
But guess what followed? Can you see it, kids?
Yes, there it is! A rainbow!
And what do kids do after it rains? Oh well...
And off comes the pants and shoes.
So the moral to this post is... when you're driving with a cargo full of kids and you know it is going to rains cats and dogs... who cares...when it means spending time with those that you  treasure.  It's only rain.

Comments