Summer is underway!

The summer days are starting to fly by and already one month has passed  since  summer vacation began!   And just in case you're wondering about the post I made introducing my Nihola family cargo bike (early June) and asking you to join me this summer with exploring Chicago with my little crew of people, don't worry, I have not forgotten. They are soon in coming, and I have  posted a few already, but needless to say (I think I mention this in almost every post) the days just fly? This has been the most challenging thing I have found with blogging with triplets!  Just no time.  I honestly don't think it really exists when you have any number of children. You just have to fight for it.  And I do!  But just like running (and that has been a while too)  I  know I'll eventually get back to it and for now I think blogging just might be on a roll again.   

Summer has been on a roll (no pun intended) and it started off with our summer vacation.  Home to Maine. This was a vacation that I promised my mother. I'm not sure if she really believed it when I made that promise a few years ago, but it felt good loading the plane knowing that I was really doing it.  I thought back to that day when she and my Dad sat on my couch when the triplets were not even a year old and asked "Will you ever come home?" Then the tears came.  She didn't have to say another word. I understood those tears. Tears that I imagined that went back to her summer vacations spent in Canada with her own Grandmother as a child.  Tears for the home she restored that was apart of our childhood, that we never lived in, but held dreams that we would one day enjoy. Tears for wanting to know her grandchildren. The answer was easy. "Yes mom, I will."


This vacation marked the beginning of a summer tradition. Summer in Maine at Gramma's and Grandpa's. And to make it even more special, Summer vacation in  Maine sharing it along with my youngest sister. And that meant COUSIN time with her children. Yes!  I thought of that too when I boarded the plane. We were really doing it! Not to mention the  opportunity of spending time with my Aunt. This would be extra special.


It's time to scramble for now, before I hear little footsteps upstairs, waking from their nap. I'll call this post "Part one." There is a "Part Two" that will soon follow.  Stay tuned!

Comments